Required Application Form
Ed Join Electronic Application
Photocopies of certificates, licenses and any other required documents (see vacancy announcement for details) should be submitted with the Ed Join application. See Typing Certificate Requirements. Applicants may include resumes, letters of recommendation, and any additional documents they deem expedient to the application process; however, such documents are not required.
The application and supporting documents must be received by the designated closing time on the designated closing date. Application forms and supporting documents will not be accepted after the designated closing time/date.
The application must be completed through Ed Join, using either of the following options:
Locate the vacancy listing through the Modesto City Schools website:
1. Enter the following link into the online search bar: http://mcs.monet.k12.ca.us/departments/hr/MCSPages/OpenPositions.aspx
2. Locate the vacancy announcement for the position.
3. Click the hyperlink "more" under that specific vacancy announcement, which will redirect you to another page.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and in the lower-most box, under the red font "Application Deadline," click the "Click Here to Apply" button, which will redirect you to the specific vacancy on www.edjoin.org.
5. Log-in, or if you are a new user, create an Ed Join log-in.
6. Complete the application process on Ed Join.
1. Enter the following link into the online search bar: www.edjoin.org.
2. Locate the grey box with the blue "Search for Jobs" heading on the screen.
3. Type "Modesto City Schools" into the keyword search box and click the "Search" button. This will redirect you to the job listings for Modesto City Schools District.
4. Select the specific vacancy announcement.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and in the lower-most box, under the red font "Application Deadline," click the "Click Here to Apply" button, which will redirect you to the specific vacancy on www.edjoin.org.
6. Log-in, or if you are a new user, create an Ed Join log-in.
7. Complete the application process on Ed Join.
District employees must follow the same application procedures as outlined above. For employees interested in requesting a lateral transfer from their current position to the same position at another site/department, please refer to the CSEA/MCS Collective Bargaining Agreement, Article 11, Section 11.5, Transfer, for the specific procedures/forms required to initiate that process.
All applications for a given position are carefully reviewed. The best qualified individuals will be interviewed by a selection committee composed, at minimum, of an administrator, job-alike person and an individual representing the minority community. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful applicant will be offered employment with Modesto City Schools, subject to satisfying the District's pre-employment requirements.
New employees are required to be fingerprinted and take an interdermal TB test.
The candidate is responsible for paying all costs associated with processing his/her fingerprints through the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Prior to your initial employment with Modesto City Schools, you will need to obtain a TB test/clearance. The fee for this pre-employment requirement will be at your expense. If you need information about locations where you can obtain this test, please contact the Human Resources Office at (209) 550-3301, extension 5500. If you have a valid TB clearance (within the past 4 years), please bring the test results to your orientation.
New hires will be scheduled to attend an orientation meeting to review various items of employment including medical, dental, vision, payroll, retirement forms, child abuse prevention information, etc.